Topaz has access to an extensive portfolio of producing and to-be-developed oil and natural gas properties throughout north-central-west Texas.
For decades until the 1980’s, drilling and production focus in north-central-west Texas had been on prolific, profitable but shallower reservoirs that occur throughout Topaz’s area of interest. These properties have potentially multiple productive pay zones, which can provide significant behind pipe reserves thereby increasing the life span and profitability of each well.
Topaz is presently developing its north Texas shallow oil producing property comprising approximately 2,400 gross acres located in the Archer County Regular Field, which is located in southeastern Archer County, Texas, southeast of Archer City and southwest of Windthorst.
The Regular Field lies on a gently rolling terrain of upper Cisco shales.
The leases currently comprise:
- 80 fully equipped, producing oil wells in the Gunsight zone at 1100 ft. depth;
- Behind Pipe reserves in the Thomas Sand zone at 875-925 ft. depth;
- Approximately 60 additional drill locations currently identified in the Gunsight zone with 40 potential additional completions in the Thomas Sand zone;
- 4 production facilities including tanks, separators and flow lines; and
- 4 water injection wells and waterlines.